EverSafe Driving Program
Defensive Driving Training: Protect Your Most Valuable Resources
The most dangerous part of the day for any employee is the time they spend in their vehicle: a traffic crash occurs every five seconds, property damage every seven seconds, an injury every 10 seconds, and a death every 12 minutes. Protect your employees by offering the EverSafe Driving Program.
This program is for all your employees who operate a motor vehicle on today’s busy roads. Designed by an advisory committee of government and industry driving experts—including the Washington and Oregon Trucking Associations, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and others—it will help improve employee driving performance on and off the job through:
- Group discussion
- Classroom exercises
- Accident analysis
What Makes the EverSafe Driving Program Unique?
- Its flexible class format can be modified to fit your company’s specific policies and vehicle types.
- Your instructor can add or modify elements of the curriculum to focus on the most recognized risks for your drivers.
- Training sessions are from 2–8 hours long, and can be tailored to fit your company’s schedule.
- Participants receive a numbered completion card and a participant guide.
For information about scheduling classes at your location, call (800) 521-0778.
EverSafe Driving Program
All organizations have employees who drive to and from work in a privately owned vehicle, or during their work shift in a privately owned or company vehicle. Virtually all employees will benefit by participating in this safe driving training program. The program covers the following topics:
- Motor Vehicle Crash Statistics.
- An examination of general statistics and the causes and costs to society and individuals of motor vehicle crashes.
- Getting Prepared: The Driver, the Vehicle, and the Driving Environment.
- Discussion of how off-the-job activities can affect on-the-job driving.
Defensive Driving Techniques
- Discussion of defensive driving techniques that drivers can use to protect themselves.
The Organization and Supervisor
- A close look at the effects that company policy and a supervisor’s words and actions can have on a driver’s behavior.
- Explanation of what employees should do at a crash scene or following a near miss.
The EverSafe Driving program can be presented by an experienced Evergreen Safety Council trainer at your location and customized to match your vehicles and driving situations, or you can send an employee through the Evergreen Safety Council Instructor Development course so they are qualified to conduct classes for your organization.