Environmental Safety Awareness
Evergreen Safety Council is pleased to announce that we will be offering an Environmental Safety Awareness course. This course will help the students to:
- Become familiar with the terminology and key concepts of the major environmental laws and regulations
- Understand applicability criteria and exemptions
- Engaged in hands-on exercises with real-life examples
- Know where to find detailed resources
- Understand fines, penalties and enforcement actions associated with non-compliance
This one-day session is an introduction and overview of major environmental rules and regulations. The course will cover the expectations of the environmental professional, the importance of environmental regulations and an overview of such rules as solid waste (RCRA), the Clean Air Act, the Clean Water Act and the Superfund rule. Participants will gain an understanding of what is needed to comply with the regulations including inspections and paperwork.