Safety Trainer/Consultant – Contractor
Evergreen is looking for a contract occupational safety and health instructor to deliver safety knowledge to clients through a variety of delivery mechanisms and methods including but not limited to classroom, consultations, webinars, long-distance learning, etc. The ideal candidate for this position is a persuasive and passionate communicator who is action-oriented, positive, entrepreneurial, adaptable, problem solving and innovative in their approach to delivering training. This role will be heavily focused in the construction industry but will include providing safety training and related services in a variety of other industries.
This is an exciting time for Evergreen Safety Council. We are getting back to our roots, focusing on the things that make us unique and valuable to people, communities and businesses. We are building a dream team of capable, driven professionals who will guide us into our Centennial anniversary as an established and respected safety resource. We are also magnifying our effectiveness and efficiency by deploying technology in new ways to improve our industry. The role you will play as a Safety & Health Trainer will be integral to these efforts being successful.
The things you will do regularly include…
- Deliver Safety Evergreen Safety Council training programs through various delivery mechanisms.
- Assure unwavering commitment to quality programs and expert knowledge of safety regulations and best-practices.
- Speak in a professional and client-friendly manner with a variety of audiences.
- Promote safe and healthy behaviors through communication and personal demonstration.
- Provide safety and health consulting services to clients as requested.
- Prepare and write professional, accurate and timely reports for client consulting projects.
- Provide timely paperwork for billing, processing of classes, and expense reimbursements.
Our minimum requirements include…
- Must have proven knowledge of safety regulations and best practices, experience in developing curriculum and training to a variety of audiences.
- Three or more years of workplace safety training and consultation experience or equivalent years of related college coursework.
- Familiarity with workplace and roadway safety standards.
- A high standard of professional knowledge, ethics and practices when dealing with clients and team members.
- Ability to be responsive and provide excellent customer service.
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated computer and instructional technology skills.
- Valid driver’s license with insurability and ability to travel in the Pacific Northwest.
Surprise us with any bonus skills or certifications…
- Webcasting, online training and distance learning technology experience/skill set.
- Program development experience.
- Recognized safety certifications (CSP, OHST, CHST, SMS, CSHM, etc.)
- Instructor credentials in any of the following:
- OSHA Authorized Trainer
- Washington State Flagger Instructor
- Washington State Pilot Escort Vehicle Instructor
- First Aid Instructor
- Forklift Instructor
What it’s like to work for Evergreen Safety Council…
- We work hard and have a good time
- We have a sense of humor
- We value an appropriate work/life balance
- We are proud of the work we do
- We are a cohesive team
- We have diverse viewpoints and experience
- We appreciate and honor our 86 year history
The compensation and benefits package we offer…
- Flexibility (8 – 30 hours per week)
- Daytime weekday hours (may require overnight stays)
- Competitive wage (1099 contractor)
- Extra compensation for weekend training
Motorcycle Safety Instructor (contract position, weekends)
Do you love motorcycles as much (or more) than we do? Do you enjoy teaching other people how to perfect their skills? Would you like to earn extra
income sharing your passion for motorcycles with others?
The Evergreen Safety Council has a part-time position for a Motorcycle Safety Instructor to work weekends at the Council’s Seattle-area ranges
(West Seattle, Kirkland, Renton & Kent). The Evergreen Safety Council is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that operates the largest motorcycle safety
training program in the State of Washington.
We are looking for an energetic motorcycle enthusiast who has a strong commitment to safety and exceptional customer service skills. The instructor is
responsible for conducting effective training sessions for all participants.
The things you will do regularly include:
- Enthusiastically teach students motorcycle fundamentals in the classroom.
- Effectively demonstrate and guide students in their riding skills on the range.
- Provide a safe and productive training opportunity for all students.
Our minimum requirements include:
- You must be at least 21 years old.
- You must have ability to operate standard motorcycles, sidecars, & trikes.
- You must have a current motorcycle endorsement and a clean driving record.
- You must be willing to complete three weekends of training.
- You must be able to perform duties with minimal supervision or guidance.
Surprise us with any additional skills or qualities:
- Prior experience teaching or training in a classroom and/or hands-on learning environment.
- Experience in a customer service role.
- Any experience in automotive/motorcycle maintenance, ability to perform minor repairs as needed.
The physical demands for this position include:
- Must have the ability to lift 50+ lbs. on a regular and consistent basis.
- Must have the ability to work outside in all weather conditions.
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods at range locations and in classrooms.
What it’s like to work for Evergreen Safety Council:
- We are an energized team of experienced motorcycle riders with diverse backgrounds and life experiences.
- We get a thrill out of seeing our customers learn how to be safe riders.
- We sincerely care about and advocate for the safety of our roadways for our fellow riders.
What’s in it for you:
- A flat payout for each class paid weekly.
- Weekend working hours with scheduling flexibility.
- Tax advantages for being a rider and contract instructor.
- Supplemental income doing something you enjoy.