Frequently Asked Questions

You have questions, we have answers. If you can’t find what you’re looking for in our FAQ section below, use our online submission form.

Pilot Car

Do I have to have commercial insurance to operate my pilot car? What kind?

Yes, in Washington State, PEVOs must have commercial liability insurance (see WAC 468-38-100(16)). Many states and businesses may require PEVOs to have a $1 million policy. PEVOs should check with the state(s) they are in or traveling through to make sure they have the right insurance. Check out our article on insurance for pilot car operators to learn more.


Private training