What documents must I submit for my Washington Traffic Control Supervisor (TCS) certification?
To receive your Washington State Traffic Control Supervisor certification card, the following documents must be submitted:
- A current state-approved flagger certification card. Accepted states are Idaho, Montana, Oregon, and Washington.
- Verification of 2000 hours of work zone experience
Verification of 2000 hours of work zone experience must be submitted as follows:
- 2 signed letters (or 1 letter with 2 signatures)
Who can submit the letters? Letters may be submitted by anyone who can verify the knowledge and experience of the TCS candidate, including employers (past and/or present), subcontractors, DOT Inspectors, or other Traffic Control Supervisors.
What must the letter(s) include? TCS candidates may no longer have just flagging hours. The letter(s) must include a brief history and detailed description of at least TWO of the following:
- Developing traffic control plans (TCPs) for roadway maintenance, construction, utility work, or special events
- Reviewing TCPs for proper application and MUTCD compliance
- Inspection of traffic control devices and TCP performance, and reporting or correcting deficiencies
- Installing and removing traffic control devices in accordance with TCPs for lane closures on multi-lane roadways and other traffic control operations
- Performing flagger duties
What format must the letter(s) be in? The letter(s) must:
- be typed and on company letterhead. (If letterhead is not available, an attached company business card is acceptable).
- provide contact information for the authors.
To send us your documentation, please fill out this form.