To receive your Oregon Traffic Control Supervisor (TCS) certification, you must submit verification of 2000 hours of work zone experience.
Documentation must be submitted in the form of 2 signed letters (or 1 letter with 2 signatures).
Who can submit the letter(s)? Letter(s) may be submitted by anyone who can verify the knowledge and experience of the TCS candidate, including employers (past and/or present), subcontractors, DOT Inspectors, or other Traffic Control Supervisors.
What must the letter(s) include? The letter(s) must include:
- A brief history of the candidate’s work experience (see below for acceptable work zone experience)
- Project(s) they have worked on
- Approximate number of cumulative hours of work as a Flagger/work zone Worker
What format must the letter(s) be in? The letter(s) must:
- be typed on company letterhead. (If letterhead is not available, an attached company business card is acceptable.)
- provide the contact information for the authors.
The required 2000 hours of work zone experience may include work in the following areas:
- Experience as a construction inspector, including inspection of traffic control
- Traffic control work on a survey crew
- Designing or reviewing traffic control plans
- Other specific traffic control experience (set-up and take-down)
- Flagging experience
To send us your documentation, please fill out this form.