Texas Pilot Car

Pilot/Escort Vehicle Operator Training

Get certified with the best! Endorsed by experts, Evergreen Safety Council’s nationally-recognized Washington State Pilot/Escort Vehicle Operator (P/EVO) certification program is the most current, comprehensive, and cutting-edge program in the country, and it is accepted in many other states. (Operators are responsible for understanding and following any additional state requirements.)

Our classes are offered online and in person at select locations.

Play Video

What’s included:

  • 8-hour instructor-led online class
  • Certification exam

You will earn:

  • Washington State Pilot/Escort Vehicle Operator certification card (valid for 3 years)


  • Valid driver license

In Texas, Pilot Car certification is required

Texas is one of thirteen states that require Pilot/Escort Vehicle Operators to be certified. To cut back on the number of certifications a Pilot Car Operator needs, most states have agreements that allow operators certified in one state to legally operate in multiple.

Texas accepts Colorado and Washington State certifications

With either a Washington or Colorado State Pilot Car Certification Card, you can legally operate in the state of Texas, and many more! See our Pilot Car Reciprocity page for more information.

Where can I use my certification?

A Washington Pilot/Escort Vehicle Operator certification allows you to operate in the following states: Washington, Utah, Colorado, Oklahoma, Minnesota, Virginia, Georgia, Texas, Kansas, Arizona, Florida, Pennsylvania, and North Carolina. Learn more in our article on Pilot Car Reciprocity. 

Note that some states have specific requirements regarding your driver license, insurance, equipment, or other details. Check the rules in the states where you operate.

Ready to earn your Washington State Pilot Car certification?

Evergreen Safety Council is proud to be endorsed by the American Association of Safety Councils and Specialized Carriers and Rigging Association.

Frequently Asked Questions

No Accordion Items Found
What are your course policies?


Private training