EverSafe Driving Program

What are the prerequisites to taking the class?

You must have a valid driver’s license and be comfortable standing and teaching in front of a group.

How long does the class last?

The class lasts for two days.

How much does the class cost?

$425 for members and $472 for non-members of Evergreen Safety Council. Continental breakfasts lunch is included.

See more


Can I use my card in other states?

Washington and Idaho State Flagger cards are accepted in the states of Idaho, Oregon, Montana and Washington for Department of Transportation projects.

Where can I receive flagger training?

Evergreen Safety Council offers traffic control flagger classes at least once a month in Kirkland and sometimes Tacoma, Seattle, etc. You can also contact the local community college in your area. Such classes are usually held in the Continuing Education department, as shown here.

What is the cost of the class?

Evergreen Safety Council open enrollment classes are $77 for members and $85 for non-members. The cost of the training can vary from school to school, so you must contact them for exact pricing.

See more


What are the prerequisites for the Forklift Instructor course?

Participants must be knowledgeable and experienced with the equipment they will be training operators on or arrange to be trained as an operator by the instructor.

How long is the course?

The course lasts one day, from 8am to 4pm.

How big is the class?

Maximum class size is 12 students.

See more

Pilot Car

Is training and certification required?

Yes, training and certification are required for Pilot/Escort Vehicle Operators in both Washington and Colorado.

Who is required to undergo P/EVO training?

Anyone serving as a Pilot/Escort Vehicle Operator within the borders of Washington State or Colorado must be trained and certified.

Who enforces certification requirements?

Certification is enforced by the State Patrol on highways and at the weigh stations.

See more

Registrations and Payments

How do I register and pay?

We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, or Discover cards. If you prefer to register by mail or fax, or wish to pay by check or purchase order, please use our Printed Registration Form (PDF). All classes require pre-payment.

Students can register online on the registration site or by phone using a credit/debit card. Students may also mail in a check or money order. However, we do not register a student until payment is received.

What is your returned check policy?

Returned checks–whether non-sufficient funds checks or stopped payment checks–will incur a service charge of $35.00.

Payment with a non-sufficient funds check or stopping payment on a check does not cancel registration. Payment in full is required to receive final paperwork or related certifications.

See more

Traffic Control Supervisor

What is the difference between a TCS and TCT?

TCS stands for Traffic Control Supervisor.

The TCS ensures that the traffic control measures shown on the approved traffic control plans are properly implemented, operating, and documented on the project. The contractor’s TCS may not be required full time on a given project, but is required to perform all duties required by the specifications. The TCS is responsible to be on the project whenever traffic control labor is being utilized, or less frequently if authorized by the engineer.

TCT is a Traffic Control Technician.

The TCT is an apprentice position, indicating an individual who has not obtained enough hours and/or experience to be a TCS but has passed the Traffic Control Supervisors Course. The TCT can perform some of the duties of the TCS under the TCS’s supervision. (Note: The TCT is not a recognized certification in Washington; Idaho offers a separate course for a TCT.)

What is required to get a TCT certification?

To be recognized as a traffic control technician (TCT) under the Evergreen Safety Council program, the candidate must:

1. Possess a current Flagger Certification card recognized by the Department of Transportation.

2. Successfully complete the TCS course and exam with a score of 80% or better.

Certification as a TCS requires the accumulation and documentation of one year of experience in traffic control–related tasks (2,000 work hours = 1 year, and may be accumulated over multiple years). Candidates must then take the one-day recertification class and pass the exam. Review TCS certification requirements when trying to achieve your TCS certification.

How do you recertify as a TCS?

Recertification is accomplished by successfully completing a one-day class and a score of 80% or better on the recertification exam. Evergreen Safety Council regularly offers one-day recertification classes.

To qualify for the recertification course you must submit the following information:

1. A current state-approved Flagger Certification card.

2. A copy of your current TCS or TCT certificate.

If your Oregon, Idaho or Washington TCS card expires, you have 60 days to take the one-day recertification. However, you cannot work as a certified TCS if your card is expired.

See more

Stay in the Loop

We'll share important information on the topics that matter to you!

Choose your areas of interest so that you will receive the information you need the most.